The Scholarship Fund of the First United Methodist Church of Ormond Beach was established in 1972 with memorial gifts in honor of long-time member Sam Black. This fund has continued with the generous loving contributions of people who have donated to this fund for the purpose of providing financial assistance to students seeking higher education.
First United is pleased to invite high school seniors and current college students to apply for scholarships for the 2020-2021 school year.
- This application MUST be completed in its entirety and be received by May 1. Failure to complete the application properly means your application will NOT be considered by the Scholarship Committee. Applications should be submitted online via the form below. Questions or supplemental information may be sent to .
- The applicant must be:
a. Be a First United attendee that participates regularly in community service activities.
b. Reapply each year for scholarship funds.
c. Notify the Scholarship Committee of any changes of information on this application.
- The recipient must maintain:
a. A cumulative "C" average of 2.5 or better.
b. Active involvement in a Christian community.
c. Continued academic integrity.
- The amount of the scholarship will be determined by the Scholarship Committee according to the availability of funding.
- Scholarship funds may only be applied to:
a. Registration, tuition, and fees.
b. Room and board, and textbooks.
- Scholarship funds will be paid directly to the College/ University/Vocational School.