First United creates places and spaces for people to connect with God and each other where they discover hope, deepen faith and demonstrate love through a life-changing relationship with Jesus Christ.
Together we want to…
1. Take The Next Step. Faith is a journey, not a destination. There is always the next step, to take both as individuals and as First United. We don’t always take the easy way, as sometimes Jesus calls us to go where we can’t on our own. We don’t have all the answers. We are willing to wrestle with the hard questions, because in seeking we will find.
2. Develop Relationships. We are created to live in community and we need each other to be fully human, fully alive, regardless of our differences as individuals. Together we are better. It is in real and authentic relationship where we love, support, and care for each other, for each of us is significant to God.
3. Find the Sweet Spot. Everyone is unique and has something to offer. God calls you to the spaces and places where your talents, abilities and resources intersect a need; that’s your sweet spot.
4. Act Boldly. We will honor God and work to build God’s Kingdom here by serving and giving with all our passion. We strive to do this with excellence – not perfection. This means we will take risks because we are more afraid of missing opportunities than making mistakes.
5. Celebrate. Where Heaven touches Earth, God is at work and we have a lot to celebrate. We have fun living, laughing, working, playing, praying and worshiping together.
6. Embrace Change. God is always calling us into a new place out of our traditions, comfort zones, and previous ways of thinking. We embrace change realizing that in doing a new thing God is accomplishing the plans to give us hope and a future.
7. Share Love. God loves you, period. We are called to love God and love others the way we are loved. We demonstrate love through generous, selfless service. We serve, we give, we help, we accept because we are loved.